SFAF, Société Française des Analystes Financiers, is a nonprofit association, created in 1961, gathers today 1600 members, all investment professionals such as sell-side and buy-side analysts, portofolio managers, M&A specialists, financial communication managers...
• Relations with listed companies : as a professional body representing all those involved in the financial analysis professions, SFAF plays a significant role in the Paris financial centre, supporting transparency of information by organising the SFAF financial analysts meetings, gathering quoted companies and analysts (around 800 information meetings organised every years). SFAF centralises the calendar for communication by companies of their financial information. To enhance the dialogue between analysts and major companies at meetings to present annual results, a questionnaire is drawn up.
• Review : The Analyse Financière Review, a quarterly publication of SFAF, is conceived as a means of communication between analysts.
• Promotion of the profession : it includes many different aspects, such as updating standards of ethics, organizing financial analysts' intellectual independence through an official status, participation in debates initiated by the French regulator, developing more transparency on the markets to favour their efficiency.
An international dimension and national specifics
SFAF is a founding member of EFFAS (European Federation of Financial Analysts Societies). This federation of 29 European financial analysts societies represents the interests of over 16 000 investment professionals all over the european continent.
SFAF is also a member of ACIIA (Association of Certified International Investment Analysts). It benefits from the experience and knowledge base of over 30 national societies and two regional federations - EFFAS for Europe and ASIF for Asia. ACIIA gathers together over 60 000 investment professionals on four continents (Europe, Asia, Latin America and Africa) representing a rich diversity of languages, cultures and professional customs. It has a world spaning influence (excepting North America for the time being).
A pragmatic and operational approach to training - by active professionals for finance professionals and managers & decision makers of private and public companies.
The SFAF training center benefits from a wide network of experts:
• 1600 SFAF members; Analysts, investment managers, experts... Working for investment companies, market players, fund managers, banks & financial institutions, insurance companies, pension funds or as independents.
• 120 AACIF members (Association of Analysts and Financial Investment Consultants) gathering professionals capital finance consultants who assist companies in their financing problematics, investment picking and strategy and transmission.
• 8 commissions and 12 sectoral groups.
• Services to Listed companies.
• Analyse Financière quarterly publication.
Our annual conferences :
• Intangible assets
Our sector conferences with XERFI Group :
• Immobilier de logement (real estate : the French specificity)
• Cartes et nouveaux moyens de paiement
Our values: Professionalism, ethics, open mindedness, service, respect, knowledge sharing, independence, networking...
Further information :
SFAF is a member of :
EFFAS - The European Federation of Financial Analysts Societies
ACIIA - The Associaton of Certified International Investment Analysts